Thursday, November 14, 2013

Simply Inspired Blog Hop- Christmas Kraft Container


Christmas holly with 3 berriesWelcome to our Simply Inspired
Close To My Heart Blog Hop!

This month we are highlighting Handcrafted Holiday items. As the Holidays are approaching, there are so many items that are fun to create to brighten up the festivities! 

If you have come here from Lisa Stenz's Blog, (and her gorgeous artwork) you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants HERE.

Its super simple to hop along with us - just click on the link at the end of each blog post to move to the next one!

Here we go! J
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought it would be FUN to create something special for the Christmas Holiday…take a peek ~
Sparkle and shine_kraft canister_simply inspired blog hopDSC_0628
This Kraft Container can be used in SO MANY ways!!  

I LOVE the My Creations items that Close  To My Heart carries in our Idea Book!!  There are 17 different base items, ready for you to add your paper, ink & embellishments to create your OWN handcrafted item!  My Creations items make WONDERFUL gifts for EVERYONE, especially as Christmas is approaching!!


Sparkle and shine_kraft canister_simply inspired blog hop_close up hollyleavesDSC_0628
I planned to use our FABULOUS new washi tape on this project, but I wanted to use it in a different way...so I used the red chevron washi around the lid at the top (the normal way), AND the juniper (green) colored washi at the bottom of this container.

  Hmmm, the green washi- do you see it??  It’s not straight at the bottom, why is it scalloped??? J

I adhered the washi to a piece of white cardstock, and then cut around the dotted circles to create a border with the washi tape!!! FUN!!

Sparkle and shine_kraft canister_simply inspired blog hop_close up lidDSC_0628I enjoyed using an older, but still orderable stamp set A HolidayThe price point is AMAZING- just $6.95!!

  Did you know that single stamp sets (not in a kit) that coordinate with our Cricut cartridges are still available to order??  Check out the list on your consultants website!!!



On the lid & base of this container I cut my holly leaves with the Art Philosophy cartridge and then stamped away!  How QUICK & EASY!!

***This container would be the PERFECT gift to fill up with yummy goodies and give to a neighbor, teacher or friend…however, my mind went in a different direction.  J


I thought...Why not create something for children...maybe for your Sunday School children or even nieces or nephews…

SO - I made something to fill this container J …

fun packets of sparkly, Christmas pencils with an ADORABLE tag!!!
Sparkle and shine_kraft canister_simply inspired blog hop_close up pencils DSC_0628


Sparkle and shine_kraft canister_simply inspired blog hop_filled with pencilsDSC_0628

By using our scallop punch, 1 1/4” circle punch and some FABULOUS stamp sets (see list below) it was quite easy to create these toppers and adorable tags!!

I can’t WAIT to hand these out to little people!!  (Actually, I’d even like one myself..LOL!! J)



Here is the list of supplies, so that  you can create a Merry Christmas container too!! J


Products Used:
Sparkle & Shine paper pack, My Creations Kraft Container, Art Philosophy Cricut collection, Artiste Cricut Collection, D1560 Holiday Tags, C1567 Santa Claus, B1412 Perfect Fit-Holidays, A1115 A Holiday, Silver & Red Shimmer Trim, Sparkle & Shine washi collection, Ruby Mini-Medley, Neutral Baker’s Twine, 2” Scallop Punch(retired), 1/4” Circle punch, Scallop Border Punch, Liquid Glass
inks used: Ruby, slate, juniper


Now "Hop" on over to Michelle Snyder’s Blog  to see her AMAZING work!  Be sure to visit all the Consultants in the Hop to get some great crafting ideas!


Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings to you for a wonderful day!!!
Krista J

12 comments :

  1. Cute...those kraft containers have saved me a few times for a quick gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Krista! I really love what you did with the washi, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your artwork ALWAYS but those pencils are totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute projects. I love how you trimmed around your washi on the craft container. I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a darling idea. I love the way you cut the washi tape on the scallops. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely phenomenal idea with the washi! This just gave me a great idea for my craft fair! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Your project is awesome! I love how you trimmed the washi tape and used it on the bottom. So cool! Thanks for all of the fun ideas and ways to use the container. I think maybe I will use them for neighbor gifts this year. Thanks for the inspiration!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like some really fun ways to use the washi tape for the holidays. Love all your projects! Where were you when I needed things for when my boys were still in school? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing!!! Your project is awesome!!! Just one question: Where did you get the clear plastic bags for the pencils?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly,
      I get my bags at clearbags.com. They have a HUGE variety of different size bags! I believe these were the 2"x 8" bags...HTH!

      Delete
  10. Great job on this and what a great idea! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)