Thursday, April 3, 2014

Skylark Collection - Simply Inspired Blog Hop

blog badge 1795668_10201482122558500_673901691_n
Welcome to our 



Simply Inspired 
Close To My Heart 
Blog Hop!





This month we are highlighting the gorgeous new collection of items
 from Close To My Heart, called Skylark!!


The Skylark collection includes:
Workshop on the Go Scrapbooking Kit
Picture My Life Scrapbooking kit

…and of course, because CTMH colors coordinate together - you will find a variety of other items that work perfect with this kit, even though they aren’t shown as part of the Skylark collection! J
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have come here from Debbi’s Blog , you are on the right path! 


 
The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants HERE.



Its super simple to hop along with us - just click on the link at the end of each blog post to move to the next one!

Here we go! J
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I created a one page layout & my layout design comes from the Make It From Your Heart, vol 2, pattern #7. 
PML Skylark_layout DSC_2136
I can’t believe it…but I actually only stamped ONE ITEM on this entire layout!!  That is VERY unusual for me…but I was really happy with the results of my page, even minus my stamping!!! 

Can you guess what image is stamped on this page??  J


As part of this page, I used 3 leftover Picture My Life (PML) scrapbooking cards, and then created another “card” from our new Paper Fundamentals cardstock. (light tan card)

(CLICK HERE to see my original post using PML Scrapbooking cards. )


I love the Paper Fundamentals with their “glossy design on 1 side  & regular pattern on the other”.  This makes this paper a very USEABLE item in anything that you are creating!!
Skylark_PML layout_close up_paper fundamentals DSC_2138
I chose to include the use of 2 of CTMH’s EXCLUSIVE Cricut collections -the Artbooking & Artiste cartridges, in this layout.  The honeycomb shape (on the left side of the page) comes from the Artbooking collection, while the  “perfect” bird clip comes from the Artiste! 

I love how the Skylark Complements add pizazz & flair to ANY item you are creating!  I inked the edges of the colored chipboard and then just adhered it to my layout!
Skylark_PML layout_close up artbooking DSC_2137 


Products used for page
C1575               True to Life
X7177B             Skylark paper
1301                  Bamboo cardstock
X7177C             Skylark complements
Z1906               Artbooking Cricut Collection
                        pg. 41 – shift overlay –(honeycomb)
Z1790               Artiste Cricut Collection
                        pg. 59 – shift-Accent 4- 1 ¾” RDS
Z1939                Paper Fundamentals Cardstock
Z1947                Skylark Picture My Life
Z1918                Teal Shimmer Trim

Inks used:          Cocoa, Bamboo, Desert Sand



I hope you enjoyed another creation using the BEAUTIFUL Skylark Collection! 


Now "Hop" on over to  Sheri’s Blog   to see her AMAZING work!  Be sure to visit all the Consultants in the Hop to get some great crafting ideas! 



Thanks for stopping by & be sure to come back to my blog each week to see MORE creations using CTMH’s beautiful product!!




Blessings to you for a wonderful day!!!

Krista J

5 comments :

  1. Love your page! Very gorgeous!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page, Krista! I love how you incorporated the PML cards in the design. I need to do that more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love one-page layouts! Especially like the honey-comb overlay and the little bird clip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layered layout. I've been doing a lot of layering with the PML cards as well. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)