Thursday, January 28, 2016

Simply Inspired - Seasonal Expression 1 Blog Hop - Penelope

blog badge 1795668_10201482122558500_673901691_nWelcome to our
Simply Inspired
Close To My Heart
Blog Hop!


Today we will be sharing with you, creations featuring our NEW Seasonal Expression #1 mini book
This new mini-book is packed FULL of Close To My Heart goodness & I know you saw some BEAUTIFUL items already on this hop!!


If you have come here from Denise's Blog...you are on the right path!!  The blog hop is a GREAT big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you'll find the complete list of participating consultants by clicking HERE....J 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I wanted to showcase a FUN, new stamp set & paper pack that caught my eye.  


Take a look at the set of 4 cards I created! 


What FUN I had creating this set!!  This stamp set appealed to me because of HOW it is used with our Artistry Cricut Cartridge.  

Here is a the stamp set itself...NOTICE which part of the image the RED Cricut lines are drawn around...the Cricut cuts are for the INNER part of the shape! 


Take a close up look at the Cricut Cut image that is cut with this stamp set.  

Isn't that neat???  You get to "pop" the inside shape, and stamp the actual image directly on your paper!! 


Did you notice the "ink blots"?  We, at CTMH, have a great tool - spray pens....and I would have normally used this to create this effect....BUT instead (you knew that was coming) , last fall CTMH released a stamp set called "Ink Blot", and it has become a "staple" stamp set in my collection!!  I love the end results! J  




I used the Penelope paper pack...and you'll want to check out our NEW paper pack collections!!!  

They now include 12 sheets of designer papers - AND that includes 2 sheets of cut-apart Picture My Life (PML) cards!!!  Love it!!




The one EXTRA GOODIE included in our paper packs, are the ADORABLE zip-strips - the 1/2" strip at the top of our papers, that are a decorative strip on the one side, and the name of the paper pack, and CTMH colors used on the other side!
  I used a zip-strip on 2 of my 4 cards...here is a close up of one below. 




Did you notice how "shiny" the flowers were?  That is because they were cut from our BEAUTIFUL Paper Fundamentals paper collection!!  If you haven't tried this "glossy on one side/regular pattern on the other" cardstock, you'll want to make sure that you do!!!  It's AMAZING the extra "pop" that this cardstock brings to your creations. J 


Another "tip" I'll share today - how to cut your shimmer trim in half - and KEEP it Straight! LOL!!J 

Check this out...



If you are anything like me, I LOVE shimmer trim & use it often.  I hope you can use this tip in many of your upcoming creations!


In case you'd like to create your own set of cards, I've created a list of the products that I used...


 Live, Laugh. Love (C1636) 
Ink Blot (D1660) 
Penelope paper collection (X7207B) 
Artistry Cricut Collection (Z3167)
Adventure Paper Fundamentals (Z3125)
Whimsy Paper Fundamentals (Z3127)
Pink Shimmer Trim (Z1986)
Clear Sparkles (Z1752)

Inks used: Thistle, Crystal Blue, Whisper, Pixie & Honey

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Thanks so much for stopping by!! J 
  
Now, “hop” on over to Bren's Blog to see her amazing work! 
Be sure to visit ALL the CONSULTANTS on this hop & feel free to leave your comments too!   


Blessings to you for a WONDERFUL day!!!
Krista J

15 comments :

  1. So pretty! Those flowers are so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely cards, Krista! Thanks for the shimmer trim tip. There are so many fun details on your cards. It looks like you used the spray pen as well. That's one of my very favorite tools!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen for your kind words! :) I originally did think I'd use the spray pen...but then realized we have the Ink Blog stamp set - and that created the same effect!! I just masked my frame, and inked away...a new "staple" stamp set! :)

      Delete
  3. Krista, these are so soft and lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cards are so pretty. I really like those new frame stamps and you did a great job showcasing them. I NEED to get them now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda took the words right out of my head...: ) The colors are so soft and lovely! Love the shimmer trim tip! So smart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love cutting the shimmer trim in half - really just love everything about shimmer trim! Such adorable cards. love the cricut cuts you used with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just oozes softness and sweetness. Love that stamp set too! Super job girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so sweet Krista! I especially love the "shiny" flowers. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute cards! I love your tips and tricks! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Krista, these cards are gorgeous! And yes I also love the Ink Blog set! Super awesome and easy to create ink splatter without making mess ;)
    Thanks for the tip of cutting the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to make a comment!
Blessings to you for a BEAUTIFUL day! :)